Our Articles of Faith
Oasis Christian Academy maintains the fundamental teaching of God’s Word (Bible).
- the Bible is the inspired and only infallible and authoritative rule of faith and conduct (II Timothy 3:16).
- there is one God, eternally co-equal, co-existent, and co-eternal in three persons, Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. (1 John 5:4-6)
- in the pre-existence, incarnation, virgin birth, sinless life, miracles, substitutionary death, bodily resurrection, and ascension to Heaven of the Lord Jesus Christ, and His promised second coming to earth in power and glory to rule a thousand year. (1 Peter 2:21-24, 1 Corinthians 15:3, John 3:16).
- in the fall of man and the need of regeneration by the Holy Spirit on the basis of grace, through repentance and faith in the blood of Jesus Christ. (Romans 3:21-30; Galatians 4-7).
- the redemptive work of Christ on the cross provided healing of the human body in answer to believing prayer. (1 Corinthians. 1:18; Ephesians. 2:16; Colossians. 1:20).
- the baptism of the Holy Spirit is provided for all believers and produces the fruit of the Spirit in the believer’s life. (Mark 1:8; Act 2:4; Galatians. 5:22-26)
- in the sanctifying power of the Holy Spirit, by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a holy life of righteous works, separated from the world, witnessing the saving grace of God through the ministry of the Holy Spirit. (Acts 1:8, 9:31; Romans 15:13)
- in the Blessed Hope, the rapture of the Church at Christ’s coming. (1Thessalonians 4:18; Rev. 21:20)
- in the resurrection of the saved and the lost, the one to everlasting life and the other to everlasting damnation. (John 5:24, 28, 29)
- in the unity of believers in our Lord Jesus Christ. (Ephesians 4:3-6).
Students and parents are expected to regularly attend and belong to a Bible-believing church.
OCA is dedicated to meeting the needs of the whole child: academically, physically, morally and spiritually. In meeting the spiritual needs of its children, our school sets the following as its objectives:
- The school, first and foremost, acknowledges the eternal value and spiritual worth of each child and therefore shall present the salvation message to each child.
- The school dedicates itself to the spiritual training of its staff to serve as leaders and witnesses of Christ among the children.
- The school conducts semi-annual assessments of the spiritual growth of each child three and older and shall use this information in the planning and development of its programs.
- The school provides adequate, daily spiritual instruction to each of its children, with consideration of the developmental level and background of each.
- The school provides quality instruction in Bible knowledge and facts in order to provide children with training for their spiritual lives.
- The school introduces the children to a chapel program that provides additional spiritual training and provides opportunities for worshipping together.
- The school communicates with the families of its children and provides opportunities for their spiritual edification and growth.