How to Apply
Thank you for your interest in Oasis Christian Academy!
For the past 20 years, OCA has been serving Christian families with a dynamic, exciting, and challenging educational program. We look forward to becoming acquainted with your family, and we stand ready to help you at any point in the admissions process.
Oasis Christian Academy admits students of any race, color national and ethnic origins to all the rights, privileges, programs and activities generally accorded or made available to students at the school. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, national origin or physical disability. However, OCA does reserve the right to use appropriate selection criteria in fulfillment of its stated goals and objectives. Admission is subject to availability of space. In the absence of space, applicants are put on the waiting list.
Admissions are prayerfully considered and based on an appropriate match between student and school. It is first come, first served. The process is outlined below:
Once you make a decision to seek admission at Oasis Christian Academy, the following will be helpful.
- Purchase the new student packet and review the material found in the packet.
- Complete the Student Admission Application for each student being enrolled (Form A-1). It is necessary to complete all information prior to submitting the application for review.
- Ensure that a Personal Recommendation Form (Form A-6) has been filled out by your Pastor, Youth Pastor or Children’s Pastor (Grades 1-12 only)
- Complete the information requested on the Student Health and Personal Information Record (Form A-2).
- Complete the Authorization for Emergency Care (Form A-4) and the Pickup permission form (Form A-5).
- Watch a video by the Director on the Vision of OCA. Amos 3:3 speaks of the need to be in agreement if two are to walk together. Parents are requested to watch the with their family and then answer and sign a questionnaire. Enrollment is only possible if there is an agreement with the vision.
- Read and sign the Parental Agreement (form A-3) which is a summary of the policies of the school. This agreement will be in effect as long as the student is enrolled at OCA.
- Return Application forms to the Administrator along with enrollment fees to keep you on the waiting list (a non-refundable fee payable at the time of submission of forms) and all documents that are requested.
- Arrange for an interview and entrance testing.
- After notification of admission, a student is officially registered only when the admission fee has been paid.
At the time of interview, the student’s transcripts and last report card will be required (Grades 1-12). You must also bring a copy of the student’s health records, immunization records and birth certificate. As part of the interview process, students in grades 5 and above will be presented with the Honor Code Pledge and asked to sign it. This pledge will be in effect for as long as the student is enrolled at OCA.
Entrance tests will be administered for all students from K5 to Grade 12 and final grade placement will be determined by the school once all information is received.
Age Requirements: (No exceptions)
- 2yr-Preschool: All children must be 2yrs by September 1 in order to be admitted. If they do not meet the requirement, they must wait until the following year or be admitted to the Toddler class.
- 3yr-Preschool: All children must be 3yrs by September 1 in order to be admitted. If they do not meet the requirement, they must wait until the following year or be admitted to 2yr-Preschool.
- 4yr-Preschool: All children must be 4yrs by September 1 in order to be admitted. If they do not meet the requirement they must wait until the following year or be admitted to 3yr-Preschool.
- 5yr-Preschool: All children must be 5yrs by September 1 in order to be admitted. If they do not meet the requirement they must wait until the following year or be admitted to Kindergarten 4.
- Grades 1: All children must be 6yrs by September 1 in order to be admitted. If they do not meet the requirement they must wait until the following year or be admitted to Kindergarten 5.
- Grades 2 – 12: students must show that they have passed the previous grade successfully and have mastered the entrance tests.
A. Application Process
Toddlers - 12th Grade. Applicants can apply subject to availability of space.
Entrance Tests are conducted prior to interview. This is a placement test to determine the students grade. Student will not be denied admission for failing the test however it is to help us place the student in the right grade where we can better help him/her.
The following documents are required before an applicant will be given admission.
- Birth Certificate (all applicants)
- Immunization records (all applicants)
- Last Report Card (Grades 1-12)
- Student's transcripts (Grades 1-12)
- Letters of Recommendation from previous school's counselor or teacher. (Grades 9-12)
Both student and parents/legal guardians are required to attend the interview. The interview will consist of delineating rules, procedures, and school policies to see if this is the appropriate school for the child. A contractual agreement outlining parent’s responsibility will also be reviewed. The Administrator may require the student to take part in assessments.
Acceptance of student into the Academy is dependent on Administrator's approval, interview results, academic standing of the student, and space availability. Student’s application can be accepted, placed on waiting list, or denied enrollment. Parents will be notified of student’s status. Students accepted into the Academy will receive an official admission letter.
Once an admission letter has been given, Parents will have one week to complete the enrollment process by making all necessary payments. After one week, the Academy reserves the right to release placement to students on the wait list.
Oasis Christian Academy does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, national or ethnic origin, or disabilities, in administration of its educational and admissions policies and other school administrated programs.